FairSoft, or external packages - is a collection of third-party software which is required by FairRoot and R3BRoot. It includes boost, Geant3, Geant4, ROOT, etc.
Stable versions (releases) can be downloaded from GitHub.
Linux: cmake, subversion, git, xorg-dev, libglu-dev, gfortran, libssl-dev, libcurl-dev, automake, autoconf, libtool
macOS: link to prerequisites
On the GSI Linux Cluster FairSoft is already installed under
On an external computer: (you may take advantage of automated installation of all software parts, more details here)
- mkdir FairSoft
- cd FairSoft
- tar -xzf FairSoft-VERSION.tar.gz
- mkdir build-VERSION
- cd FairSoft-VERSION
This will start compilation and installation script with interactive menu for configuration.
Recommended configuration (choices in interactive menu):
- Compiler - 1 (gcc) for Linux or 5 (clang) for OS X
- No Debug Info - 1
- Install Simulation Engines - 1
- Download Geant4 data files from Internet - 2
- Do not build Python bindings - 2
- Installation path - YOUR_PREFIX/FairSoft/build-VERSION
- Check the installation path and confirm - 2
After successful installation, the message "*** End installation of external packages without Errors***" will be printed in the Terminal.